Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EARTH DAY 2009... Paraiso

Hi PP readers! as you know PP is very active in environmental protection and preservation advocacies, in fact I had launch PP's own campaign called "PoP" or Protect our Planet.. In celebration of Earth Day PP has dedicated its Blog header for an eye opening billboard "Sige Sirain mo, Sige Itapon mo! Ikaw rin ang babalikan... PP readers I hope all of us can be an environmental heroes in our own little ways! PP readers are Planet Protectors, Guardians of the environment! ^-^ right?




"PARAISO" – The Song Paraiso

Return to a land called Paraiso,a place where a dying river ends.No birds there fly over Paraiso,no space allows them to endure.

The smoke that screens the air,the grass that's never there.And if I could see a single bird, what a joy.I try to write some words and createa simple song to be heardby the rest of the world.I live in this land called Paraiso,in a house made of cardboard floors and walls.

I learned to be free in Paraiso,free to claim anything I see.Matching rags for my clothes,plastic bags for the cold.And if empty cans were all I have, what a joy.I never fight to take someoneelse's coins and live with fearlike the rest of the boys.

Paraiso, help me make a stand.Paraiso, take me by the handParaiso, make the world understandthat if I could see a single bird, what a joy.This tired and hungry land could expectsome truth and hope and respectfrom the rest of the world.

No comments: